Ford 8.8 Rear End Skid Plate Instead of a Ford 8.8 Diff Cover?
The Ford 8.8 is a GREAT rear end for light vehicles, but adding a Ford 8.8 diff cover doesn’t protect the underside from damage from rocks. Imagine slamming down on your Ford 8.8 rear end on a large slab of granite on the Rubicon Trail…
Our Hard-KOR Ford 8.8 Rear End Skid Plate is the last skid plate you will buy for your 8.8 Rear End Differential!! This skid plate is an extremely well-constructed piece of essential armor for your diff. Laser cut and CNC formed from 3/16 metal, its designed to protect your Ford 8.8″ rear end / (axle housing) from damage caused by having a little too much fun, during off road driving.
Exclusive Features of the Hard-KOR Ford 8.8 Rear End Skid Plate:
- Front yoke guard protects your driveline yoke and driveline, while clearing rocks, or other obstacles, that would destroy other skid plates.
- Rear differential “factory cover protector” feature protects against backing up into an obstacle that would puncture the differential cover.
- Allows you to easily slide your differential over rocks and obstacles without worry of damage or hanging up.
- Pound the desert without worry of damaging a vital piece of equipment.
- Fits all years Ford 8.8″ differentials.
Our Ford 8.8 Skid Plate is a *MUST HAVE* for any serious off-road vehicle running the 8.8 rear axle. Limited supply, and we expect to sell out quickly.
There are huge benefits to upgrading to the Ford 8.8″ rear axle, especially if you’re running an AMC 20, a Dana 30, or an Aluminum Dana 44 rear differential.
- Rear Disc brakes already installed, so no additional cost to upgrade a drum-brake axle.
- Plentiful to find in local wrecking yards.
- Fairly inexpensive due to the availability.
- Plenty tough to take on a 35″ tire and a locker.
- Traction upgrades available, but many come with a limited slip already installed.
- 31-spline axle shafts available on later models (versus 28 spline).
- Ranger and Explorer models measure 59.75″ wide, matching the width of most Dana 35 and 44 applications.
- Parking brake assemblies already built in…no frustrating parts-sourcing and retrofitting necessary.
- 5 x 4.5″ lug pattern, matching earlier Jeep lug pattern, and shafts can easily be re-drilled to 5 x 5.0″ for later patterns.