Jeep Over the Knuckle Steering Kit
You can expect your weak factory steering system to fail if you wheel difficult terrain where rocks are common and logs jump up at your underbelly. A bent or broken tie rod, drag link, or rod end will leave you stranded with a rig that is not drivable. To avoid this scenario, consider upgrading your factory steering to a Jeep Over the Knuckle Steering Kit.
NOTE: The standard kit comes with 1/2″ grade 8 hardware. We have the option to upgrade to 5/8″ grade 8 hardware for an even stronger set-up for only $20.00! This option does require drilling of your steering knuckles and pitman arm tapers for 5/8″ bolts. Please make sure to select the correct bolt size when placing your order.
Here’s the BOLT-ON upgrade you need to prevent damage to your steering system. This is a complete system to replace the factory set-up, which is not built for hard-core wheeling. Our system is super high clearance, flipping the tie rod to the top of your steering knuckles.
- Extremely Heavy Duty 1.25″ solid cold rolled steel tie rod (wheel to wheel)
- Extremely Heavy Duty 1.25″ solid cold rolled steel drag link
- Very high quality, HUGE 3/4″ threads, precision machined, spherical rod ends featuring a radial static load capacity of 32,457 lbs.!!!! Tie rod and drag link use 3/4″-16 thread.
- Precision machined adjusting sleeve
- All Necessary Hardware including jam nuts
This system does not work with OEM wheels. Wheel spacers or wheels with less than stock backspacing (4.5″ maximum backspacing) are required.