Have you been looking for a unique set of bumpers for your WJ Grand Cherokee?
We have what might possibly be the best bumpers on the market. I don't say that to brag. I have actually beat both the tube-type prerunner-style AND the plate steel Stealth-style mercilessly on the rocks over the last five years on my own Grand Cherokee, and have had no issues whatsoever, other than scratched powdercoating.
These bumpers are built to the Extreme: rock-bashable, high-clearance, and the fronts allows the mounting of a winch. Protect the front and rear of your WJ from a disaster with a rock or tree today. Our Grand Cherokee bumpers are CAD designed for us, are bent out of THICK 3/16" plate steel, (which is 50% thicker than most bumpers on the market), built with some of the best machinery available on the market. They are mounted with the VERY BEST mounting system available, which sandwiches the weak unibody framerails on top and bottom, rather than how other aftermarket bumpers are made, mostly to reduce cost, I expect.
We also keep the unnecessary weight down: 100lbs average, and even holds a 15k rated winch.
Shipping is via Truck Freight (too large to go via UPS), and ranges from $125 to $250 depending on how close to Phoenix, AZ you are. We'd rather ship to your business, as there is a $70 residential surcharge if you have us ship it to a house rather than a zoned-business address.
Light tabs can be drilled and mounted in the front section, but is discouraged due to the turbulence the lights will create, possibly causing your Jeep to overheat in some instances.
A note from Kevin about front and rear bumpers and rear tire carrier design.
When deciding on a bumper for your Jeep make sure that you take into account some of the unforeseen issues.
1) Does the tire carrier hold the tire in a way to reduce blind spots and maximize visibility out the rear? Our carrier mounts on the driver's side, in your natural blind-spot, so that you can see both over your right shoulder AND still see out the rear view mirror, which is mostly impossible with nearly all other carriers on the market who put the carrier in the middle or to the right of the rear window.
2) How is the tire carrier mounted? Can it withstand a washboard road with the weight of a 35" tire on a steel wheel mounted on it? Our tire carrier uses a patented cam-latch, which utilizes an easy-to-open lever which puts constant tension on the latch and hasp assembly which completely eliminates rattles from your carrier. And, you can actually lift the entire rear end of the Jeep off the ground with a forklift from OUR tire carrierhttp://kevinsoffroad.com/.how's that for strong?
3) What sort of hinge is included? Ours uses twin 3/4" Heim joints, which not only has over 12,000 lbs. of radial load capability EACH (there are two. That's 24,000 lbs. total), but are also easily replaceable if they wear over time, and you are also able to fine-tune the height of the carrier up and down by threading the heim joint in and out. Also, you can completely remove the carrier from the bumper very easily if you wanted to.
4) Our bumpers are built with 1/4" ultra-thick steel plate in the center sections (between the frame mounts for added rigidity) and 3/16" thick steel plate everywhere else, which is more than 50% thicker than the more well-known brands of bumper. Have you ever seen a (well-known brand) front winch bumper bend in the center from a heavy winch pull? I have, and that's why we use 1/4" and 3/16" steel with fortified 3/8" thick frame rail mounts. This bumper ain't going ANYWHERE once you mount it up, winch or no.
5) Our bumpers allow for the best approach angle and departure angle currently available in ANY aftermarket Grand Cherokee bumper manufacturer, 'cause that's how we roll, playa.
6) Our winch is inserted inside the front bumper, all the way down, so as to not give you overheating problems like some of the other aftermarket bumpers have been known to cause.
D-ring tabs for the stealth WJ bumper are a $45.97 upgrade, and I highly recommend them.
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="200"] Hard-KOR Roof Rack and Stealth Bumpers on Display at SEMA 2009[/caption]
S/H costs: By Truck Freight only. A business with a loading dock is $60~$80 cheaper than a residence.
THINK IN BULK: Buying two bumpers at once reduces your shipping cost by around 40%.
Two bumpers on a pallet only costs about 20% more than a single bumper on a pallet to the same zip code!
ALL BUMPERS COME NON-POWDERCOATED.
Krylon spray paint works well, and so does POR-15. Even if you decide you want professional painting or powdercoating, you can probably have the bumpers powdercoated AFTER they arrive locally for less than I can charge you to do them. Do some price comparisons before ordering. Just trying to save you some money.
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about specific details on our bumpers, click HERE
(all bumpers fit 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 WJ model
Jeep Grand Cherokees)
HARD-KOR Stealth Front Bumper for WJ Jeep Grand Cherokees
21" wide 6" tall and 6" deep
Typically, yes…but it depends on the winch. If you post the outside dimensions of the winch, we may be able to tell you for certain or not.
do you ship to Australia and if so do you know how much it will be to send down here?